After 2 Pairs of EVA Foam Boots, i decided to take a 3rd Round and made them out of Pepakura, Casting Resin and Fiberglas.
A full Success and even the right Scale!
Had to paint my Boots too, got only a unused Pair in TAN.
Painting worked more than good.
Before i painted the Parts, i tried tested if they fit and how i can move.
Result: More than perfect!
I don´t even had to fix the Back-Part with Screws, only the Front-Part.
The Top-Cover is mounted with an easy Solution:
I cuted a Piece of 3mm PVC out and used a Heatgun to bend it in the right Shape.
Then i used Superglue to fix that PVC in the Cover, then sprayed an Activator in it so the Glue instantly heats up and get hard.
A little more Glue and Activator on the Edges, and i have a fixed Mounting-Bridge.
The Glue-Combo works like welding Metal.
Like always, i am out of Resin at the Moment to make the left Boot.
Should be done next Month.
Also Credits to Thorn696 from the 405th Infantry, this Method was choosen after i saw his Boots.